Survey findings on Customers' Satisfaction with Point-to-Point Transport Services
According to the Public Transport Council’s 2022 Point-to-Point Transport (P2P) Services Customer Satisfaction Survey (PCSS), P2P services received a mean satisfaction score of 8.0 (out of 10) in 2022, compared to 8.4 in 2021. The findings also showed that 95.2% of the commuters surveyed or around nine in 10 commuters were satisfied with P2P services.
2. The PCSS was conducted from 3 to 14 October 2022 with 2,701 taxi and private hire car (PHC) commuters. Survey respondents were those who take taxi/PHC three times or more in a typical week and had used the P2P services on the same day of survey completion.
3. For 2022, taxi services received a mean satisfaction score of 8.1; it was 8.5 in 2021. Four out of the eight service attributes covered by the survey had a mean satisfaction score above or equal to 8.0 - Safety, Driver’s Knowledge of Route, Ride Comfort and Service Information. Similar to 2021, Safety topped the scores at 8.7 and Driver’s Knowledge of Routes came in second at 8.5, while Taxi Stand Accessibility and Waiting Time scored the lowest at 7.6 and 7.1 respectively.
4. Except for Ease of Booking, taxi services scored marginally better than private hire car (PHC) services for all other seven attributes.
Private Hire Car services
5. The mean satisfaction score for PHC services was 7.9 in 2022; it was 8.3 in 2021. Four of the seven service attributes - Safety, Driver’s Knowledge of Route, Ride Comfort and Ease of Booking scored above or equal to 8.0. Safety continued to be the attribute with the highest score at 8.5, consistent with that for 2021. Driver’s Knowledge of Route came in second at 8.2 while Service Provided by Driver and Waiting Time had the lowest mean satisfaction scores at 7.7 and 6.9 respectively.
Overall P2P services
6. Safety was ranked the most important attribute (by mean score) for P2P services. This was followed by Ease of Booking, and Service Information.
7. Similar to survey results from previous years, respondents indicated that pricing was a key decision factor in determining their choice(s) of P2P services i.e. taxi or PHC.
8. Please refer to Annex A for more details.